Bassett Architectural is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or age.
Bassett is looking for a high performing Project Engineer experienced in commercial construction work. The ideal candidate has at least 2-4 years’ experience as a Construction Project Engineer working with private or public clients in a variety of markets. Construction Management or Engineering degree required. Passion for building great projects and providing best in class client care.
- Have working knowledge of the project’s contract documents. Review all drawings and specifications for design inconsistencies and conflicts.
- Know and understand the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Have working knowledge of the project estimate as it relates to assigned areas.
- Have working knowledge of project schedule and assist in maintaining the project computerized schedule.
- Work with Project Manager to prepare scope of work instructions, technical requirements for vendor items.
- Expedite, review and approve shop drawings, submittals and safety requirements for assigned tasks. Utilize the Project Management System for shop drawing administration. Supply required submittal information such as field dimensions. Distribute approved submittals to pertinent subcontractors.
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment are released for fabrication in adequate lead time to accommodate the required job site delivery date designated by the Superintendent on assigned tasks.
- Assist in documenting changes, maintain project record drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and distribute minutes to meetings as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist in maintaining the project files, close-out and storage of documents at completion.
- Be familiar with the company policies on personnel, quality management, safety, EEO, labor, bonds and insurance as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree from a recognized construction management, architectural, engineering, or business program, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in a Project Engineer role (architectural sheet metal, commercial roofing, or general contractor background preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and construction software
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Positive team player
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary DOE
- Full medical, dental and vision for employee and family
- 401k with match
- Paid time off
- Offered disability and life insurance
- Relocation assistance available
Interested and qualified candidates should email us their resumes.